The Office of Research Integrity (ORI) oversees all research conducted at the University and sets the highest standards of quality and continued success by:
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating operational policies and procedures related to human subject protection, animal welfare, research safety, and research misconduct;
- Educating and training researchers in the responsible conduct of research and research compliance, and
- Working with other appropriate federal offices to provide guidance on policies and procedures related to the integrity of research conducted at FIU.
The Office of Research Integrity is primarily responsible for the following areas of research compliance:
- Human Subject Protection
- Animal Welfare Protection
- Recombinant DNA Research
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Animal Care Facility
- Research Misconduct
- Conflict of Interest
All research conducted in the ANS lab has been approved (or we are in the process of obtaining approval) by the ORI.